Weddings Venue in Looe
Looe is a great place to hold a wedding ceremony and the East Looe Town Trust is proud to offer you the wonderful and historic setting of the New Guildhall, in the heart of the town, for your special day.
We are licensed to perform civil marriage and partnership ceremonies in the Council Chamber - situated within the Grade II listed New Guildhall, which was built in the 19th Century.
- A maximum of 70 guests can be accommodated in the Council Chamber.
- There are facilities available to use the venue for a reception after the ceremony but if table seating is required the number of guests will be restricted to approximately 40.
- Your own music can be used for the wedding ceremony.
- You can use your own flowers for decorating the tables etc.
- There are public car parks nearby.
- The Guildhall is a listed building and access to the council chamber is by stairs only without a stair lift.
- Confetti can be used outside the building, providing it is bio-degradable.
The Registrar from Liskeard conducts the wedding ceremonies at East Looe Guildhall.
The booking of the Registrar is your responsibility. We would recommend that you contact the Registrar as soon as possible to ensure that all the formalities are completed correctly and in good time for the wedding to take place.
The Registrar will charge a separate fee for their attendance at the wedding ceremony.
Contact Cornwall Registration Service on 0300 123 4181.
Wedding Ceremony only (approx 2 hours):
- Monday to Friday - £220.00
- Saturday - £365.00
- Sunday / Public holidays - £435.00
- A £50 deposit is required at the time of booking
For further information, or to view the Chamber, please telephone (01503) 263709 or use the enquiry form below.
V.A.T. Registration No: 526 8810 29
Manager: Jane Day
Office Administrator: Nina Bond
Maintenance: Antony Scarah
Office Telephone: (01503) 263709
Emergency Telephone: 07986 537713
Registered Charity No: 1166934
HIRE OF GUILDHALL FOR CIVIL WEDDINGS / PARTNERSHIPS
APPLICATION & GUARANTEE
We hereby apply for the use of the Guildhall as follows:
Date of hiring: .. /.. /20.. No. of Guests (for seating arrangements) (Max. 70)
Ceremony only ☐
Ceremony start time: Access required from:
How did you find out about our wedding facilities?
e.g. Our website, other website (please identify), word of mouth, advert in
N.B. If you require the main lights in the hall to be turned off, Fire Regulations stipulate that the exit lights
must be switched on.
Please discuss details of your requirements with the Manager when finalising your arrangements.
I/we undertake to comply with all the terms and conditions of hire on page 2 of this form, and to pay the
hiring fees and any deposit required in advance.
Full names of both parties: .
Post code: Telephone: Email .
Signed Date: .. /.. /20..
Conditions of Hire
1. Payment to be made in advance. We require a £50 deposit on booking and full payment to be received
a month before the ceremony. Payment by bank transfer to the account details below:
Bankers: Lloyds Bank plc
Account Name: East Looe Town Trust
Sort Code: 30-67-79
Account No.: 38364760
If a bank transfer cannot be arranged please contact the office to arrange for payment by cheque or
2. All damages and breakages are to be paid for.
3. The Hirer to be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds clean and tidy.
4. No posters are to be stuck to the walls.
5. Smoking is not allowed in the building.
6. A deposit of £300 is required, if the reception is to be held on the premises. This is refundable,
providing the chamber is left clean and undamaged. N.B. Please ensure the office has the correct
address for repayment of the deposit, especially if it will be different to the address overleaf.
7. No car parking is provided in connection with the hire, but there is a pay and display car park nearby.
8. No food preparation area is available in the Guildhall.
9 Please note the following extract of the Conditions of Approval of the license to perform civil
10. Any proceeding conducted on approved premises shall not be religious in nature. In particular, the
proceedings shall not:
a. include extracts from an authorised religious marriage service or from sacred religious texts;
b. be led by a minister of religion or other religious leader;
c. involve a religious ritual or series of rituals; (d) include hymns or other religious chants; or (e)
include any form of worship.
11. But the proceedings may include readings, songs or music that contain an incidental reference to a god
or deity in an essentially non-religious context. For this purpose, any material used by way of
introduction to, in any interval between parts of, or by way of conclusion to the proceedings shall be
treated as forming part of the proceedings.