Registered Charity No: 1166934
VAT Registration No: 526 8810 29
East Looe Town Trust
Tel: 01503 263709
With the approach of summer, we hope to see many people enjoying our lovely sandy beach. Our maintenance team work hard to keep the beach and seafront area clean and tidy. We have some new bins on the seafront as well as our "beach library" cages on the beach - for beach toys and equipment to be re-used.
The Swim Zone buoys are back out in the bay. These are designed to help keep watercraft and swimmers apart from each other - as we want everyone to be able to safely enjoy the sea. Please always check the tide time and wind direction when swimming or using water craft. Remember that deck chairs, loungers and kayaks (and all safety equipment) are available to rent from Looe Beach Hire who are right on the promenade (they will even carry the deck chairs onto the beach for you).
It is now Bathing Water Quality season and we receive daily updates from the Environment Agency about predicted water quality - all this information is displayed on the main entrance to the beach.
The Old Guildhall Museum and Gaol is open with some new displays for 2023. Although a physically small building, there is lots to see and do - not least the 15th century building! Our wonderful band of volunteers have worked with Access Cornwall to make the building as accessible as possible for all our visitors. We look forward to seeing you in the Museum.
We continue our work on the Wooldown by creating bee glades and wild flower meadows. We work alongside conservationists to manage this gorgeous area in an responsible manner.
The Guildhall Tea Room is found on the ground floor of the Guildhall. This is run by volunteers and is open six days a week from 10am - midday. Please pop in and have a cuppa and a chat - everyone is welcome.
Many of us know tht Looe is very close to paradise and now BBC viewers will know Looe as Shipton Abbott in Beyond Paradise. The series was filmed in many locations but Looe featured very strongly - our Guildhall was transformed into the Police Station - how many places and faces did you recognise?
8th June 2023
Expressions of Interest Invited
East Looe Town Trust invites expressions of interest for a lease of the Old Lifeboat Station & Watchtower, Churchend, East Looe
East Looe Town Trust own the iconic seafront building and are actively considering the long term use for the building. The Trust would welcome expressions of interest from businesses and organisations with an outline of their plans.
At this initial stage, the information required is:
1. Contact name, phone and email details;
2. Company / Charity name and registration number (where applicable);
3. Registered and contact address;
4. Type of organisation;
5. An outline of the intended use for the Old Lifeboat Station and Watchtower;
6. Any additional information applicants consider relevant to their proposal.
Should you wish to visit the site before submitting a proposal, please contact the Trust Manager.
Please submit your proposal by 31st March 2023 to the Trust Manager, at email@example.com or to the Trust Office, The Guildhall, Fore Street, East Looe PL13 1AA
3rd April 2023
East Looe Town Trust seeks an Office Administrator to work in the heart of Looe to help deliver the Trust's work.
Salary £9,068 per year (based on 16 hours per week)
Hours - 16 hours per week (days to be mutually agreed) with occasional overtime.
The successful candidate will report to the Trust Manager in this varied and interesting role, with responsibility for:
1. General office duties as required;
2. Dealing with general enquiries and providing written and verbal responses, as required;
3. Drafting correspondence following Trust meetings;
4. Taking bookings for Trust property and helping prepare for events;
5. Liaison with accountants and solicitors under instruction from the Trust Manager;
6. Assisting with processing payments and related correspondence;
7. Assisting with purchase ledger and dealing with suppliers;
8. Assisting with the producing of reports;
9. Assisting with managing the debtor list and actioning requests arising from it.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
2. Good organisation skills, including record keeping and prioritisation;
3. Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Office;
4. Numeracy and a good understanding of accounting, or a willingness to learn;
5. Ability to handle confidential information appropriately;
6. Flexibility, a keenness to learn and a willingness to muck in.
1. Experience of a similar role;
2. Experience with QuickBooks accounting package.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your CV and covering letter, explaining how you meet the criteria, and details for two referees to the Trust Office, The Guildhall, Fore Street, East Looe, PL13 1AA or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 31st March 2023
20th March 2023
News Archive 2022
News Archive 2021
News Archive 2020
News Archive 2019
News Archive 2018
News Archive 2017
Community Use Areas
Education & Community Projects
Old Guildhall Museum
Full Graphics Website
Website last updated 11th November 2021
Website developed by WesternWeb