The Guildhall Chamber is available for weddings.
Looe is a great place to hold a wedding ceremony and the East Looe Town Trust is proud to offer you the wonderful and historic setting of the New Guildhall, in the heart of the town, for your special day. Built in the 19th Century, the Council Chamber situated within the Grade II listed Guildhall is licensed to perform civil marriage/partnerships ceremonies. This provides a unique and historic setting for such an important day.
- A maximum of 60 guests can be accommodated in the Council Chamber.
- Facilities are available for your own music.
- Please note there are no catering facilities available.
- You can use your own flowers for decorating - although we will provide some floral decorations..
- There are public car parks nearby.
- The Guildhall is a listed building and the only access is by stairs.
- Bio-degradable confetti may be used outside the building.
- There is a pay and display car park nearby and you may be able to reserve places. To arrange this, please ring Looe Harbour Commissioners on 01503.262839
- Booking the Registrar is your responsibility. We recommend that you contact the Registrar as soon as possible to ensure that all the formalities are completed correctly and in good time for the wedding to take place.
- The Registrar from Liskeard conducts the wedding ceremonies at East Looe Guildhall.
- The registrar will charge a separate fee for their attendance at the ceremony.
- Contact Cornwall Registration Service on 0300.1234.181
Wedding Ceremony only:
- Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) - £220.00
- Saturday - £365.00
- Sunday / Public holidays - £435.00
For further information please contact the office 01503.263709
Please use the form below to complete an application
HIRE OF GUILDHALL FOR CIVIL WEDDINGS / PARTNERSHIPS CEREMONY APPLICATION & GUARANTEE
We hereby apply for the use of the Guildhall as follows: Date of hiring: .. /.. /20.. No. of Guests (for seating arrangements) (Max. 60)
This is a weekday / Saturday / Sunday / Public Holiday (delete as applicable)
Ceremony start time:
Access required from:
Please discuss details of your requirements with the Manager when finalising your arrangements. I/we undertake to comply with all the terms and conditions of hire on page 2 of this form, and to pay the hiring fees and any deposit required in advance. Full names of both parties: . . Address: .. Post code:
Telephone: .. Email . Signed Date: .. /.. /20..
Deposit Paid - £ Balance Due - £
Conditions of Hire
1. Payment to be made in advance. We require a £50 deposit on booking and full payment to be received at least one month before the ceremony. An invoice will be sent by email. Payment by bank transfer to the account details below: Bankers: Lloyds Bank plc Account Name: East Looe Town Trust Sort Code: 30-67-79 Account No.: 38364760 If a bank transfer cannot be arranged please contact the office to arrange for payment by cheque or cash there is a charge of 65p per cheque and 90p per £100 cash. 2. All damages and breakages are to be paid for. 3. Arrangement for the Registrar are entirely the hirers responsibility there are details on Cornwall Council website - www.cornwall.gov.uk or telephone 0300 1234 181. 4. The Hirer to be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds clean and tidy. 5. No posters are to be stuck to the walls. 6. Smoking is not allowed in the building. 7. No car parking is provided in connection with the hire, but there is a pay and display car park nearby. 8. No confetti to be used in the building but biodegradable confetti may be used outside. 9. Please note the following extract of the Conditions of Approval of the license to perform civil marriage/partnership ceremonies: Any proceeding conducted on approved premises shall not be religious in nature. In particular, the proceedings shall not: a. include extracts from an authorised religious marriage service or from sacred religious texts; b. be led by a minister of religion or other religious leader; c. involve a religious ritual or series of rituals; (d) include hymns or other religious chants; or (e) include any form of worship. But the proceedings may include readings, songs or music that contain an incidental reference to a god or deity in an essentially non-religious context. For this purpose, any material used by way of introduction to, in any interval between parts of, or by way of conclusion to the proceedings shall be treated as forming part of the proceedings.
10. If you require the main lights in the hall to be turned off, Fire Regulations stipulate that the exit lights must be switched on.
Wedding Ceremony Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays) £220.00 Saturday £365.00 Sunday / Public holidays £435.00